Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bleaching over dyed hair that has been bleached?

I've been bleaching/lightening my hair for a year. It is blond. I went nutz and put semi-permanent pink in (brand: Jazzing) which rinses out progressively each time. However I think the cuticle is pretty open so the color is sticking.



So when I want to go back to blond I"ll get some dye remover. thats easy.



Heres a pic (pretty emo). This is at 6 washings, it used to be deep *******



http://a341.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/ima...



You can see the black roots. I want to bleach the roots but naturally I will get some bleach on the hair with dye in it. Will there be a reaction? I can test spot but I figure I"d ask. Keep in mind the hair is bleached, then dyed with semi-perm pink, and the problem is the effect of more bleach on it. I just want the roots done but theres no way of not getting it anywhere else. Im bleaching to turn it pink again, altho i might try fire red.



When I bleach I condition well and dont wash for 2 days prior... tnx



Bleaching over dyed hair that has been bleached?

Be careful. I'd look it up, you don't want to break your hair off. Though I'm sure it's different with every hair type. My friend bleached hers like 3 times in 2 or something weeks and it's fine. Mine however, would just break off.



Bleaching over dyed hair that has been bleached?

My hair is a similar colour (magenta) and I've bleached mine from almost black too. Most of my hair is knackered, to be honest, from where I've bleached out previous dyes prior to the pink, but the top part is fine. Naturally, I overlap when I bleach my roots, but it doesn't do any damage to it. I'm no hairdresser though so it might be different for your hair. I'd wait a bit if I were you before bleaching your roots so it's easier not to re-bleach too much hair. I try to go a month if I can before re-dying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment