Saturday, April 14, 2012

Emo stereotyping...?

Ok.



I wear black nail polish.



I love eyeliner.



I wear skinny jeans.



I wear Chuck Taylors.



I wear Band tees and similar apparel.



I shop at Hot Topic.



I love putting color in my hair.



I love My Chemical Romance and other similar bands.



I have cut myself in the past.



I do get depressed at times.



Sad as it is, when not wearing contacts, I have thick glasses



I'm a geek



Piercings and tattoos are cool



...so is The Nightmare Before Christmas



I like blood



...and death



I LOVE concerts



Old skool nintendo is the best



WOOT GERARD WAY



Ok. So who here would fit me under the stereotype- emo?



Emo stereotyping...?

As long as you aren't going to stereotype yourself, yeah, that seems to be the stereotype. Just NEVER call yourself Emo. Besides, that is not what REAL Emo is and no one seems to realize this!



Emo is short for Emotive-Hardcore MEANING it's a music genre (that originated in the mid-eighties and DIED in the 90's). Some bands of this genre are Dag Nasty, Embrace, and Rites of Spring. Emo came and went and it did NOT evolve.



Emo stereotyping...?

Emo is a fashion statement, not a state of the mind as many would like to think. I would think you are just an independant thinker who experiences teenage angst they way we all did.



Emo stereotyping...?

I wouldn't stereotype you as an EMO. Sorry but that's just a retarded label to place on anyone. I'd say you're the average adolescent. How you described yourself isn't new or fresh, well maybe if you were born after 1990 it would seem new, but it's not.



You're pretty much the norm now.

No comments:

Post a Comment